Monday, January 16, 2012

The Art of Procrastination

I should have been working on my dissertation today.  But I got an airbrush for Christmas, and my first batch of paint just arrived.  So I played around a little.  I was practicing with a stencil, thinking about making my little girl some custom t-shirts. 


This came about when I decided I liked the look of my stenciled artwork, and added some colors with a set of watercolor pencils my mom bought me for Christmas.  Not my usual space marines and dark elves, but the colors came out nicely.

Later, as I was feeding my daughter, I happened to see her red snail bath toy:


Since anything is better than work, this humble snail became Red Snail, Scourge of the North:


No surprise, my violent child was thrilled.  So, keep your eyes out for the Red Snail webcomic!

No comments:

Post a Comment